Crane and Haulage Partners Limited (ABN 39 986 975 902) and its subsidiary companies, including LCR Group Pty Ltd (ABN: 78 095 626 798), LCR Mining Group Pty Ltd (ABN 42 135 447 506) and LCR PNG Limited (PNG Co. No: 1-77416) value the privacy of individuals and is committed to safeguarding information received in connection with its business activities.
To achieve this commitment to privacy, we will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and its amendments (Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in that Act. You can see the full text of the APPs online at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/the-privacy-act
The Kind of Information We Will Collect and Hold
We only collect and hold the following information (Information), where appropriate and necessary, by lawful and fair means:
- Personal information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether or not recorded in a material form, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
- Sensitive information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, health information, genetic or biometric information.
- Credit-related personal information, credit reporting information, credit eligibility information or regulated information as applicable in the context.
It is our usual practice to collect Information directly from any person who engages with us during the ordinary course of our business or directly from the subject individual or their authorised representative(s).
In general, the Information we collect about you includes (but is not limited to) your name and date of birth, contact details (including phone numbers, physical and email addresses), the company you work for and your role, and in the case of employees, your Tax File Number and financial information (including bank details where necessary).
We will only collect Sensitive Information where it is necessary for business purposes, for example health information on employees to determine fitness of duty or union membership.
Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym. This option will not be available where we are required or authorised by law to deal with individuals who have properly identified themselves, or if we need to verify your identity in order to provide products or services to you. Further, if you choose not to give us Information that we request from you, we may not be able to provide you with any goods or services you have asked us to supply.
How we will Collect your Information
Information collected will differ depending on the purpose of collection.
By sending emails, you will be providing us with certain Information which may include your name and contact details. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without collecting this information from you.
When it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your Information directly from you. For example, we may collect Information from you in the following ways:
- when you provide us with Information by telephone or email or during any other dealings you may have with our representatives;
- when you access our website;
- when you have consented for this collection (for example, via our privacy statement and/or when you complete and return a form); or
- during any other communication between you and our representatives when you would reasonably expect us to collect your Information and it is necessary for us to collect this information for a specific purpose (such as investigation of a complaint).
We may collect credit-related personal Information from a business which provides information (including personal information and/or sensitive information) about the commercial credit worthiness of persons, information concerning your commercial activities or commercial credit worthiness and using such information for the purpose of assessing any credit. This may include a Credit Reporting Body (CRB) or other credit providers. We will endeavour to obtain your written consent regarding the collection and further disclosure of Information from and to a CRB or other credit provider.
Purpose of Collection of Information
We collect Information that is reasonably necessary to conduct our business activities. Generally, Information will be used for dealing with your contractual obligations to us, your requests and enquiries or our sales and marketing activities.
We will collect, hold, use and disclose your Information for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you;
- to identify you and conduct appropriate checks;
- to understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- to set up, administer and manage our products and services and systems, including the management and administration of an account;
- to conduct business processing functions;
- to assess, investigate and process any instances of loss, theft or damage arising out of the use or hire of our hire equipment;
- to recruit, manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- to manage complaints and disputes, and to report to dispute resolution bodies; and
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services through the ways that we communicate with you.
We will also collect, hold, use and disclose your Information that may have any bearing on your credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity for any of the following purposes:
- to assess an application by you for credit or commercial credit;
- to notify other credit providers of a default by you;
- to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of your account where you are in default with us or another credit provider;
- to assess your credit worthiness, credit standing or credit history at any time;
- to assess whether to accept any person named as a guarantor for credit; and/or
- to assess whether to continue supply credit to you.
We may also collect, hold, use and disclosure your Information for any other purpose you may reasonably expect, or for any other purposes disclosed to or authorised by you.
How we will Hold and Manage your Information
We will take steps to hold Information in a manner which is secure and protected from unauthorised access. Your information may be held in either a psychical form or in electronic form on our IT system.
We will take steps to protect the information against the modification, disclosure or misuse by including such things as physical restrictions, password protection for accessing electronic IT systems.
In the event we hold Information that is unsolicited and we were not permitted to collect it, the Information will be destroyed as soon as practicable.
Disclosure of Information
We will endeavour to only use and disclose Information for the purpose in which it was collected, unless disclosure is reasonably necessary to take appropriate action with suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct, to establish or exercise a defined legal or equitable claim.
Where permitted by law, we may disclose your Information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of conducting our business activities, fulfilling requests by you, or to provide products and services to you;
- suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business related purposes;
- other organisations for authorised purposes with your consent;
- guarantors or security providers in relation to the credit we provide you; and
- to debt collectors when payments are overdue.
Disclosure to Credit Reporting Bodies
We may disclose your Information to a CRB in accordance with the permitted disclosures as defined under the Act, including instances where you fail to meet your payment requirements and you commit a serious credit infringement.
We may disclose your Information to the following CRBs:
CreditorWatch Pty Ltd
National Credit Insurance (Brokers) Pty Ltd
A copy of the credit reporting policy for the CRBs listed above will be available on their website.
You are entitled to also place a twenty-one (21) day ban on the sharing of your Information, if you believe you have become a victim of credit fraud.
The internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the internet. Unencrypted information submitted via email or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified.
Any emails you send may be automatically examined and filtered for unacceptable content which may result in your email or attachments being held for review. Our IT administrators may have access to your emails to authorise the content for security purposes only.
Access to your Information
You are entitled to access your Information held in our possession. You will only be granted access to your Information where we are permitted or required by law to grant access. We are unable to provide you with access that is unlawful.
You can make a request for access by sending an email or letter addressed to our Privacy Officer at the contact details set out below. We will endeavour to respond to your request for Information within a reasonable time period or as soon as practicable in a manner as requested by you. We will normally respond within thirty (30) days.
With any request that is made we will may to authenticate your identity to ensure the correct person is requesting the information.
We will not charge you for making an access request, however if reasonable we may charge you with the costs associated with your access request.
Correction of your Information
We believe it is important to make sure that the Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
We request that you contact us and tell us if any of your Information has changed (e.g. your contact details) or if you believe that the Information is inaccurate. After you advise us we can then update our records and ensure that the Information we hold is accurate and up to date.
We will endeavour to resolve any correction requests within thirty (30) days. If we require further time we will notify you in writing and seek your consent.
You may contact us and request access to the Information we hold about you, and advise us if that Information needs to be amended or corrected in any way. You may contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details set out below.
Cross Border Disclosures of Information
We may choose to, if permitted by law, share and/or disclose your Information with recipients outside of Australia. We are required to notify you with a list of any countries which Information may be transmitted to, or disclosed where it is practical for us to do so.
At this point in time, we may share and/or disclose Information to overseas recipients, being our related entity in Papua New Guinea.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about a failure of us to comply with our obligations in relation to the Act or the CR Code please raise this with our Privacy Officer on the contact details above. We will provide you with a receipt of acknowledgment within seven (7) days.
We will then endeavour to respond to your complaint and attempt to resolve the issues within thirty (30) days, unless otherwise specified. In dealing with your complaint we may need to consult a third party.
If we fail to deal with your complaint in a manner that you feel is appropriate or you are not satisfied with the process of making a complaint to our Privacy Officer you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner using the following contact details:
Office of the Australian information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
T: 1300 363 992 | F: +61 2 9284 9666
The Information Commissioner can decline to investigate a complaint on a number of grounds including where the complaint was not made at first to us.
Do you have any concerns, queries, disputes or complaints?
The Privacy Officer
LCR Group Pty Ltd
PO Box 1064, Toombul QLD 4012
T: +61 3332 0000 | F: +61 7 3332 0099
Effective Date: December 2017